Thursday, November 19, 2009

So the major slacker here is trying to get back on track with my blogging efforts, and today I have an interesting "I'm a veggie now" situation. It was the first time I encountered this...

I had a meeting in the Denver office on Tuesday. It was a painful, marathon meeting that was basically useless - but that's beside the point - and it ran over lunchtime. Unbeknowest to me, they ordered us lunch from Panera (mmm). The lunch boxes arrived (complete with pickle, chips, and a GIGANTIC cookie that totally blew my points for the day but anyway)...everything was either: a turkey sandwich, a turkey sandwich, and italian sandwich, or a turkey sandwich. So I asked if there was anything with no meat and someone says "I didn't know you were a vegetarian!!" Now...how the hell would you know considering - YOU DIDN'T ASK!!!!

Then of course they made a big deal about going to get me something else, which I gracefully declined, took a turkey sandwich, took the 2 pounds of meat off of it and ate it. It was basically a lettuce, onion, and spicy mayo sandwich. At least the bread was good. And I had a gigantic waist expanding cookie. Sigh...

And now, there is a HAM in the fridge at work. I"m all about being veggie, but if there's one thing that will get me...its HAM.

Maybe I"ll just pig out on the 10 dozen cookies in the kitchen for the cookie exchange instead.......

Wow, there was definitely an I want meat and cookies theme to this today, huh?

Back to the item of the day and recipes tomorrow, folk! Tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment