Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Start

Today's Praise: Amy's Organic Chunky Vegetable Soup
Today's Recipe: Salads

Well I've obviously taken a little hiatus since the holidays started. I'm lame, what can I say. Between the Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix, my Happy Birthday, multiple holiday parties including my spread for 20, and New Year's....I can't say I was a complete failure. I'll be happy when the couple pounds of cookie induced bloat goes away, but otherwise I think I was more successful this year than most.

Of course, I am going "home" to PA on Wednesday....so that'll be the final test.

As far as the vegetarian in me goes, I caved to the turkey. BUT...I slaved over the dang thing for like 6 hours so I was going to at least taste it. And let me tell you, it was GOOD. Now I'm back to my veggie, organic, fruit eating ways in the hopes of paring down and toning up in time for my little Aspen trip a month from now ;)

Today's praise just went down the hatch for lunch, and I have to say it was very good. I'm pretty sensitive to salty foods, and soups are usually first in line to offend, but this wasn't too salty and was full of a lot of different chunky veggies. More veggies than broth, I highly recommend Amy's soups!



Today's "recipe" is in honor of the New Year and everyone's quest to lose weight as their resolution. So I bring you SALADS!

My personal favorite salad is the following:
Mixed Greens
Sunflower Seeds
Dried Cranberries
360 Crackers (see previous post) crunched up as Croutons
Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing

Another favorite variation is cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese, and fat free blue cheese dressing.

Here are some other topping ideas:
Cukes
Avocado
Tomato (duh)
Olives (mmm)
Apples
Brie Cheese
Artichokes
Baby Corn
Grapes
Morning Star Bacon crunched up
Chick Peas
Water Chestnuts
Edameme

So in honor of our health in this new year, go make yourself a loaded salad! :)

Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment