Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today's Praise: Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate



Today's Recipe: Stuffed Mushrooms

I am bored as balls right now. Thank God I have somewhere to write nonsensical crap to pass the time :)

I am hoping tonight is my last night in Longmont, but I'm not holding my breath that I won't have to end up coming back here at some time this winter. At least by that time the dang PE will be over, and I won't have to study every night. Then I'll REALLY have NOTHING to do here!

Anyway, today's praise product is kind of lame, but its still good! I find when you're craving chocolate that hot chocolate tends to appease the craving. This Diet Hot Chocolate is very low in calories, and its also a good addition to smoothies. Try it out!

I should also mention that once I'm outta this hole and back home to the comforts of my own kitchen (which actually has a stove and more than one burner) I will start adding pictures of the end results of the recipe too. Aren't I special?

Stuffed Mushrooms:

18 Large Mushrooms, stems removed (I used 1 lb of bigish button 'shrooms)
10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach (thaw and wring that sucker dry)
Garlic
Olive Oil
1 medium zuke
1 medium carrot, cleaned
1 cup part skim ricotta
S&P
Parm Cheese (remember, 6th food group!)
1/4 cup white wine

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with spray. Shred the carrot and the zuke (I used my food processor) and put it in a towel and wring out the moisture. Heat olive oil and garlic for a minute and add the shredded veggies. Cook for 4-5 minutes to soften. Combine that with the dried out spinach and ricotta cheese. I also used about half of the chopped up shroom stems...I hate wasting stuff...in the mix. S&P to taste.

Put shroom caps bowl side up in the dish and fill with mixture. Top with the 6th food group and pour the wine into the bottom of the dish. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until its all cooked and hot.

Enjoy!

Now listed to this shiz. I had some leftover filling. I nuked a baked potato and piled the leftover filling on it and had it for lunch. I am a genious, that's all I have to say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment