Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back to normal

I think I'm finally recovered from the hike from Hell. I took Monday off because my legs were extremely sore, and then Tuesday I got back to it with the INSANITY. I took it easy that day, since of course the schedule called for the plometric workout, which makes me feel like a mexican jumping bean. Yesterday's workout, Pure Cardio, was easier than last week, and I felt pretty normal.

Also, I'm not sure if it was the monster hike or the switch to the Wendie version of WW, but I had a great loss this week, finally breaking a 6+ months stand off with the scale. Seeing a 2.6 lb change always brings a smile on my face, and with one week of Wendie under my belt, I am ready for a second week of it with hopefully equal results.

For dinner last night, I made the WW recipe for Moo Shu Beef Lettuce Cups. I forgot to take a photo, so I swiped the stock photo from WW, but luckily, this is actually what they look like:



Here's the recipe:

1 pound uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
1 cup yellow onions thinly sliced
2 Tbsp fresh ginger root minced
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 cups bok choy, thinly sliced
1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups mushrooms (about 10 mushrooms; I used crimini)
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
8 leaf bibb lettuce

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, ginger and garlic; cook until beef is browned and onion is soft, breaking up meat as it cooks. This takes about 5-7 minutes.

Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes to give them a head start. Then ads bok choy, pepper, and soy sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until bok choy is wilted and pepper is tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.

I deviated from the WW version in adding the mushrooms a little earlier than the rest of the veggies. I also added a squirt of srirach and a tiny (and I mean TINY) blob of that asian garlic chili paste. That stuff is HOT so be careful. It is good with only the soy sauce but it needed something else.

I served with extra soy sauce and sriracha and also some cooked brown rice. Jim LOVED them, and I was shocked at how filling it was. A serving size of this is only 4 points, and its two lettuce leaves with 1/2 cup of mix in EACH. I was full after eating three lettuce cups with about 1/4 cup in each, so its a great, filling, low point yet YUMMY dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment