Friday, September 24, 2010

Green Monsters...

And no, I don't mean that big wall at Fenway!

In case you are out of the know, the Green Monster smoothie is ALL the rage right now.  I finally bought myself a Magic Bullet Blender, so I got to try my first Green Monster this morning.  According to:  greenmonstermovement.com, the basic Green Monster is made as such:

2 cups of spinach
1 cup milk (cow, almond, soy, whatever you prefer)
1 banana
1 cup frozen strawberries

A lot of people also add Flax Seed in, so I am going to buy some and try that.

Whirl it all around in your blender until you have a very green and very frothy drink that contains 2 fruit servings, two veggie servings, and dairy!

I made the traditional Green Monster, as above, and it was really good.  I think I was a little heavy handed with the spinach and added more than two cups though because it was a hair grassy tasting.  Otherwise, it tasted like a strawberry banana smoothie, but had  a lot more volume:


Yes, I know it looks a little like baby food.  Or maybe baby puke?  But trust me, they're really good and filling.  I got about 2/3 the way through and decided to do Insanity and have the rest as my refuel afterwards.

I think tomorrow I will try and do some peaches in there....then who knows, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment