Friday, September 17, 2010

INSANITY Day 4....and Pizza dough!

You can make pizza dough in the bread maker - WHO KNEW!?

Since I am lacking a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, and I am just too lazy to kneed that crap by hand, I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't like buying bread dough, and I finally used up the last of the good stuff that Tania and I had made, so here I go.

Check it out:



I found out its easy to store dough in the freezer too. Just put it in a freezer container that is sprayed with cooking spray. At least one day before you want to use it, take it out and put it in the fridge to thaw completely, and then when you're ready to make pizza, take it out of the fridge and set it on the counter for at least an hour. You want dough to be at room temperature so you can "roll" it out properly. If its too cold, its too elastic!

I topped it with a tiny bit of sauce, a few thinly sliced tomatoes, some thin slices of fresh mozzarella, and a little fresh basil. Its like my modified version of a Margherita Pizza...and of course made on the pizza stone. Can't do home cooked cripsy crust without it! Pizza my way:



I will say, however, that this dough is not nearly as good as the dough I previously used that was made according to Tania's recipe. It is posted on an older blog post, so I highly recommend that recipe of this one!

I think I deserve this pizza after today's Insanity workout, which was HELL ON EARTH: PURE Cardio. The name itself should make you shudder. Or maybe not since you haven't done the workout but one word: BRU-TAL. Most of the other work outs have periodic 30 second water breaks to help bring your heart rate down. Noooooot pure cardio. Eight gazillion squats, power jacks, jumping jacks, pushups and other nonsense. So remind me again why I also decided to go for a bike ride when I got home.

A friend of mine from back in Boston sent me this like today: http://toughmudder.com/

She is trying to convince me to go back East in May 2011 to participate in this ridiculousness with her in Stowe, VT. Why, I ask you, WHY....am I actually considering it. I'm excited to talk to Jim about the feasibility of this little project. While it looks absolutely just stupid, I think it would be fun and challenging....annnnnd I will happily go use my altitude living to my advantage at sea level. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment