Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Insanity Day 2....and Buff Chicken Pasta

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could actually GET out of bed this morning, and I wasn't as sore as I expected to be. Today was Day 2 of Insanity, and it was just as brutal as yesterday but at least I did it all. I'm hoping that by tomorrow the initial shock of the intensity of these work outs will lessen enough for me to also get on my bike. Shitloads of APs (activity points for you non WWer folk) here I come (if my body can take both)!

So I've been reading all about this Buffalo Chicken Pasta that you make in the crockpot, and I am finally making it!

Here is the recipe:

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta

4 Bonelss Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Franks hot wing sauce
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp melted light margarine
1/8 tsp celery seeds
black pepper to taste
5 wedges Laughing Cow Light Creamy Herb and Garlic
4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta

Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Combine the wing sauce, vinegar,
margarine, celery seeds and black pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the
chicken and cook on low for about 6 hours. When chicken is cooked, cut it
up into small pieces (I actually shredded it with a fork) and add the 4 wedges of cheese, stirring until melted.
Cover and let it cook for awhile longer, just to let the cheese mix in well.
Serve over hot cooked pasta.

For the pasta I chose a rotini style because there's lots of little nooks to grab on to sauce and chickeny goodness.



I also topped Jim's with a dollop of homemade ranch and mine with a few blue cheese crumbles. It was awesome! Jim loved it. I thought there would be more sauce, but the chicken soaks most of it up, and I think if there were more sauce it would be too hot so it works perfectly. I served it wit some celery and dip. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment